Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Breakfast

Christmas Wife Saver Breakfast
adapted from a friend's recipe.
I made this recipe a lot smaller than that which was given. I'll post what I did. It's easy enough to modify for your own family.

Ingredients
4 slices bread, crusts removed and set aside
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 chopped tomato
1/2 cup corn flakes (rice krispies work too... maybe do the Christmas colored ones!)
Shredded cheddar Cheese (about 1/4 cup... more if you like)
Ham (about 2 slices works)
1/4 cup chopped onion (saute it first. I didn't and wish I had) OR use onion powder... I just shake it in.

Place de-crusted bread on the bottom of a 8" square baking pan. Place crusts in corners to fill. Chop up the ham and arrange over bread. Add shredded cheese. Mix onions, eggs and milk and pour over the whole thing. Place in the fridge overnight.

Preheat oven to 350F. Place chopped tomato on top of casserole, and spread the cereal on top of that. Place in the oven for one hour. And you are done!!

No comments: