Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mini Peanut Butter Cups

I found this recipe online at http://www.make-stuff.com/cooking/peanutbutter_cup.html.

I changed it a bit as I found it a bit more difficult to do. Trial and error, right? It is a nice recipe, but very sweet.

Peanut Butter Cups



(Note: Recipe asks for 1lb powdered sugar, which is about 3.5 cups... but I found this to be too much. I could only get 2.5 cups into it, and so I think it should probably be 1/2 lb, or 2 cups of the stuff)


Ingredients
1 lb powdered sugar (use 2-2.5 cups instead of 3.5)
1/4 lb margarine (1/2 cup)
6 oz milk chocolate (1 cup of choc chips)
1 cup peanut butter

Melt margarine in a medium or large saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Gradually add the powdered sugar (it says to transfer to a mixing bowl, but I hate doing extra dishes, ha ha). Stir until well mixed and press into a pie pan... or in my case into about 3 dozen mini cupcake tins lined with mini cupcake papers. Melt chocolate and spread over top. Chill.

Note: Takes about 10 minutes to make, and 30 to press into the minis. Probably only 15 total if working with one pie pan, so that way would be quick and easy.

No comments: