Saturday, June 8, 2013

PB Banana Ice Cream Treats

 One of the ladies at preschool recently told me about this wonderful little treat she'd heard about... after I mentioned how some people turn frozen bananas into 'ice cream'.  The treat she mentioned sounded so perfect I couldn't wait to try it for myself.  It really takes very little effort, and while mine may not look perfect, they sure do taste good.

PB Banana Ice Cream Treats


Ingredients
Bananas
Peanut Butter (or other nut butter.  I use all natural)
Melted chocolate (I'm unsure how much per banana... I melted far too much and ended up wrapping my bowl so I can do this again later)

Tools
wax paper
knife
toothpicks
cookie sheet


First, slice your banana.  I was able to make 8 treats per banana, but you can do more or less depending on the thickness of your slices (well, I could have done 9 but I ate the ends, haha).  Place peanut butter on a slice of banana.

 
 
Next, sandwich the peanut butter between another banana slice.  Then, using the toothpick, dip and coat completely in chocolate (sorry, no picture.  My camera didn't want to cooperate with me).  Place the chocolate coated treat on wax paper and into the freezer for 20 minutes.

 
Voila!  Done!  And boy are they tasty!  This is from 2 bananas.  I kept eating the ends of them, haha.

No comments: