Friday, March 27, 2009

Spritz Cookies

For St.Patty's day I decided to make some themed cookies... however I didn't have a cookie cutter that would work. I suddenly remembered the cookie press I got for Christmas and decided to give it a go! There was a disc that looked like a shamrock, so I started to get baking.

Classic Spritz Cookies
makes 7-8 dozen (although I made closer to 10)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 375F. Cream butter and sugar, add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat well. Stir together flour and baking powder. Gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. DO NOT CHILL. Place dough into cookie press (I rolled out a 'tube' of it and plopped as much as would fit into the press) and press cookies onto un-greased cookie sheet (you'll need a LOT of these). Bake 10-12 minutes (I did mine for 10) or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove cookies from sheet and cool on rack.

These were SO much fun to make! I love that cookie press! It is SUCH fun to use! Now I wanna have fun making all sorts of cookie shapes... Easter is coming up...

No comments: