Monday, June 23, 2008

Fabulous Fillet of Salmon

For supper today I made salmon. This recipe is somewhat similar to something I've made before, but it is NOT the same recipe. I actually really enjoyed it. Since Chuck came in from the field and needed to eat and go, I missed taking a pic, so this is the pic from the recipe itself. I got this recipe from the Milk calendar. I halved the recipe and served it with steamed rice. Perfect for 2.

Fabulous Fillet of Salmon

Ingredients
4 thick salmon fillets
2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips (I didn't have this, used celery)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened (1/2 brick)
1 1/2 cups milk
grated rind of 1 lemon (didn't have this, so I omitted it)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill or chives, or 1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 13x9 inch baking dish.
2. Place salmon in dish, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle carrots and pepper over and around fish.
3. In bowl, using electric mixer, beat flour and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk, then lemon rind, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over salmon and veggies. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and salmon flakes easily with a fork. Broil if desired until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve over rice, and sprinkle with lemon juice.

Prep: 10 min
Bake time: 15 min
4 servings.

No comments: