Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie

Here is another recipe from Kraft's What's Cooking mag... I love a lot of the recipes they have in there. I did a half recipe because it serves 6 and we don't need THAT much, lol. I changed the recipe a bit too.

Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie


Ingredients
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream, divided
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed
1 cup old cheddar shredded cheese (I used mild)
3 Tbsp milk
1 cup all purpose baking mix
- (I made the same amount of dry biscuit mix instead: mix 1 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp sugar)

Heat oven to 375F. Mix soup and 3/4 cup sour cream in 8 inch square baking dish. Add chicken, veggies, and cheese. Mix

Place baking mix (or dry biscuit mix) in a medium bowl. Add remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and the milk. Stir until stiff dough forms.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds over chicken mixture. Bake 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and chicken mixture is hot and bubbly (I hand molded my biscuit dough until it would cover the top of the pot pie like a crust, and only baked for 30 minutes).

No comments: