Saturday, September 6, 2008

Third Week of Meal Plan

I'm feeling pretty good about having accomplished this meal plan now for 3 weeks! I've figured out that when I make a plan I have a tendancy to stick with it, and since I've been posting it on my blog that makes me even more accountable to my plan.

So, this week was about making easy meals again, with some freezing as well.

Monday: For supper I made lasagnas, freezing 2/3 of them like I did the first week with the meatless ones. I love lasagna and it's been almost 2 years since I last made them... because I don't like making them, haha. Chuck was thrilled however.

Tuesday: I decided to make chicken and roasted potatoes. We grilled extra chicken for a meal later on. As always, I made this with salad.

Wednesday: Time for a quick easy leftover meal using the rice and chicken... leftover burritoes. These were nice and quick. So, I baked some coffee cupcakes to freeze. My dad made coffee at the party on saturday and there was 8 cups left over, so I made "Cake 1", a double batch, 1 dozen with coconut and 1 dozen without, and froze them (there was still about 6 cups of coffee left, and so I added water and poured on my outdoor plants... they apparently do well with coffee for some reason). I specifically wanted to make these cupcakes for an upcoming gathering I need to bring a dessert for.

Thursday: Now it was time for grilled salmon. Hubby made this meal. We had baked fries and salad with the salmon he grilled (he made a marinade to brush over of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and some spices). I love my fish.

Friday: This was burgers at a friends house... a weekly meal. Lots of fun.

Saturday: I didn't plan supper for today, instead I planned a breakfast... Pumpkin waffles! These are very tasty and high in fiber. I made 1.5 batches and am freezing a bunch of them for later. They make good meals and desserts... serve with ice cream for dessert, or with a white sauce for supper (very mennonite meal). I'm thinking supper today will probably be pasta... or fish... ;)

So there you have it... third week posted.

No comments: