Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 4 of Meal Plan

Now it’s time for the fourth and final week of my meal plan. It’s been interesting, and I’ve already started on next month (however, I just wrote out the meals we will have, numbered them, and as we eat them we’ll cross them off as I don’t know what we’ll want when and when baby arrives we receive a few meals from the church and family as well… so planning won’t work as easily). Anyway, here’s the last week.

Monday: This was the day I made meatballs to have with spegghetti and pasta sauce. We got canned pasta sauce on sale for $1 at dollar days last weekend, which was perfect. I froze a little more than ½ the meatballs for a later meal… I’ll probably do the speggetti squash with the meatballs next time.

Tuesday: Time for chicken. We had some packaged teriyaki chicken from Costco that we cooked up, and I made enough rice for 2 or 3 meals which is perfect for later. We made salad with this.

Wednesday: Now we’re having fish. Again, bought from the store as breaded… yeah, I didn’t feel I’d be ambitious this week. The rice was great, as we took a can of mushroom soup, added ½ a can of milk to it and a cup or two of frozen peas (cooked the peas first) on the stove to mix with our rice. Mmm. I also made bran muffins and froze them for later.

Thursday: Today was a more ambitious meal… homemade mac n cheese. Quite tasty! I split the whole thing in half and froze one portion. We made it with pork chops which hubby bbq’d and some veggies. I’ll have to make this one again sometime.

Friday: The weekly tradition continues… this time we brought steak for ourselves, and a cucumber salad for the group (cucumbers mixed with sour cream and lemon juice, with salt and pepper and some tomato).

Saturday: It’s a date! Hubby took me out for supper at the Old Spaghetti Factory…

Sunday: Another day I don’t plan the meals for. We ended up having leftovers…

Monday: This day I made hamburger biscuit bake. I made a double batch of biscuit dough and used half to bake and freeze some cinnamon biscuit rolls. We loved those last time I made them!

Yes, I added in an extra day, as I had a plan for up till Monday the 15th as that is my due date. The rest of this month is “planned out” as well.

I have 3 new chicken recipes I’d like to try, along with the following that are in my freezer:
2 lasagnas
2 meatless lasagnas
1 alfredo sauce for shrimp alfredo
1 potato hamburger casserole
1 shepherds pie casserole
2 meals of tuna patties
1 meal of meatballs (will make spaghetti squash with it)
1 mac n cheese
Lots of pigs in blankets
Lots of buns (will make pizza buns)
Lots of muffins (fruit, bran, chocolate for gatherings)
Biscuit cinnamon rolls
Pumpkin waffles
2 pizzas
3 meals of teriyaki chicken
2 meals of fish sticks

Other easy meals include a roast in the crock-pot with roast beef sandwiches later for lunch, perogies and farmer sausage with farmer sausage burgers as a later meal, and there’s always burritos which hubby is great at making…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.