Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tangy Tuna Patties

I got this recipe from another website... I cannot remember which, I've had it for so long (if it happens to be yours, feel free to comment and say as much! I love it). I changed it a bit depending on what I have in my fridge. It's quite tasty!

Tangy Tuna Patties



Ingredients

12 ounces canned tuna, water packed and drained (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 eggs
3 Tbsp chili sauce (we used a chicken spicy sweet chili sauce... very tasty)
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish (I used dijon mustard)
1-2 cups oatmeal (regular is better than quick cooking)
ground pepper

Combine all ingredients except oatmeal in a large bowl, mix well.
Mix in 1/4 cup oatmeal at a time until mixture is a good texture to form patties (moist, not drippy)
Place bowl in fridge for 10 minutes to make it easier to make patties.
Form mixture into a ball with your hands (makes about 9 total) and flatten into a pattie and fry on medium heat on the stove. We've also grilled them on an indoor grill (they'd fall through a BBQ).
Serve by itself with tarter sauce and rice and steamed veggies, or do like in the picture and make into a fish burger with tartar sauce and serve with salad and fries.

No comments: