Sunday, August 10, 2008

Leftover Casserole

Today my parents and sis came over for lunch and I needed to make something that would be ready after church. We had burritos the night before, and there was so much meat left over (we always do 1 lb hamburger with 1 can of beans... last night we used black beans) that I decided to make something with that instead of trying to defrost meat... as I forgot to take some out the night before. Oops. And oops again as I don't have a picture... hey, it's a casserole! Kind of resembles Shepherds Pie.

Leftover Hamburger Casserole

Ingredients
-3 cups leftover meat mixture (thick chili)
-8 medium potatoes, mashed (I like to add a bit of butter, some milk, and any sour cream, salt and pepper to taste)
-frozen mixed veggies of your choice

1. Cook the veggies in the microwave. I like using 1/2 cup per person (I had 3 cups). Usually takes only 5 minutes. Drain.

2. In a greased 9x13 pan place the meat, then layer the veggies on top with the mashed potatoes on last. Sprinkle some cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top.

3. Cover and bake in 350F oven for 30 minutes. Serve with green salad and bread/buns. Makes enough for 6... at least in my family! ;)

No comments: