Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Second Week

So, this week I did something different. I didn't make a lot to freeze, but I did do some.

Monday: I made mashed potatoes and chicken with veggies. Made triple the potatoes and put 2/3 in the fridge for later meals.

Tuesday: Burritoes for today. We make the meat with 1 lb hamburger, a can of red kidney beans, onions, and tomato paste, ketchup, spices, etc. We put 2/3 of it into the fridge yet again.

Wednesday: This is the supper with friends day yet again. Loads of fun!

Thursday: This is where I used the leftovers. I made 2 leftover casseroles and froze one of them. I also baked a lot of cake... 5 batches to make a birthday cake for my hubby's 30th birthday party I planned for Saturday. Ended up freezing about half of it.

Friday: We made pizza. I planned on making stirfry, but decorating hubby's cake took so much time I forgot to make the rice which takes an hour (I do NOT make minute rice). Instead, I made the stirfry Sunday (today)... with extra rice for one of next week's meals.

Saturday: This was hubby's birthday party... even though it is 3 weeks early. I brought out the tie fighter pigs in a blanket I made using the bun dough from last week's baking. There were veggies, cake, chips, and a meat and cheese tray a friend brought. Not to mention punch (made using 2 cans orange juice, 4 of water, 1L of ginger ale, and some scoops of raspberry sherbet). Here's a pic of the cake.



And today was the stir fry... from friday's plan. Again, not a lot went into the freezer, but this week was focussing on hubby's birthday party and trying to get the meals later in the week to be easier so I could focus on that cake... which took 6 hours work to finish. Crazy.

No comments: