Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reese's Cookies

This is one of my husband's fave cookies that I've made. I've adapted this recipe from the Name Brand Cookbook (I use way less sugar than they ask for).

Reese's Cookies


Ingredients
2 cups flour (I use 1 white, 1 whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup Reese's Pieces
1/2 cup (or up to 1 cup) chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350F.
Stir together flour and baking soda. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add in flour. Stir in chips.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoon fulls onto un-greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then remove from sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 3-5 dozen cookies... depending on how big you make them... ;)

No comments: