Monday, January 12, 2009

Zesty Potato Soup

So, today for supper I decided to make soup... but I wanted to do something different so I checked my Kraft cookbook and found this recipe... I adjusted it a little (cutting it in half as well, so I'll post that instead) and found it quite good! It's yummy with fresh homemade biscuits.

Zesty Potato Soup
Serves 2-3
Ingredients
1 stalk celery
1 large carrot (or 9 baby)
1 potato
1/4 onion
other veggie of your choice (1/2 red pepper, maybe some tomato...)
1 can condensed chicken broth (plus 1 can water)
pepper
1/4 each milk and cream (or 1/2 cup whole milk)
1/2 lb Velveeta cut in cubes (I used shredded cheddar cheese)

1. Peel and chop vegetables and combine with chicken broth and dash of pepper in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until veggies are tender. Stir occasionally.

2. Whisk in cream and milk gradually.

3. Reduce heat to low, add cheese. Simmer, stirring for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted in and soup is creamy.

No comments: