Friday, May 23, 2008

Recipes Part XI: Hamburger Biscuit Bake (feb 28, 2008)

I know, it's been awhile since I "published" any recipes. I decided to put up one of my faves which I just made 2 nights ago.

Hamburger Biscuit Bake

Ingredients
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozza cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo (I like to add a little more... last time I doubled it
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Biscuit dough

Preheat oven to 375 F.
Cook beef and onion. Stir in cheese, mayo, & parsley.
Make biscuit dough (see recipe following). Roll out into two circles. Put one in a round casserole dish (should come up sides of dish, like a crust), place meat inside it, and place the second circle over top (smaller circle usually).
Bake 20-25 minutes. Serve with Sauce (recipe below)

Biscuit Dough
Ingredients
- 3 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lard
- salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk

Cut lard into dry ingredients (till resebling fine crumbs). Stir in milk so that dough leaves the side of the bowl and forms a ball. Knead dough on slightly floured surface. Roll out 1/2 inch thick. (continue with recipe above. To bake on their own, cut, place on pan and bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes)

Sauce
- 1 tin cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk (depends how thick you like it)
- 1 cup (or more) frozen veggies.

Boil soup and milk. Add veggies (you can cook them seperate. I microwave them for 5 minutes in a plastic container).

No comments: